About The Phillipian
First printed in 1857, The Phillipian is Phillips Academy’s weekly student newspaper. Entirely uncensored and student run, the paper is distributed every Friday from September to June.
The Phillipian operates on the following principles:
- The Phillipian strives to maintain professional standards of accuracy, objectivity and fairness at all times.
- Staff members have the right to report on and editorialize about all topics, events or issues, including those unpopular or controversial.
- The Phillipian will not publish anything obscene, libelous, or detrimental to the immediate material and physical stability of the school.
- The paper shall not be subjected to prior restraint, review or censorship.
- Staff members have the obligation to learn and observe the legal and ethical responsibilities expected of them as practicing journalists.
- The Editor in Chief assumes total responsibility for his/her publication.
The Phillipian is a recipient of the 2012 NSPA Newspaper Pacemaker Award. See more on the NSPA website.